Saturday, June 9, 2012

Juicing Fast

Hello!

Okay so last week, after watching yet another food documentary (surprise surprise), I decided I was going to partake in a juice cleanse/fast. If any of you have seen the documentary, you know which one I am talking about. If you have not seen it, I watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It is an inspiring story about how a man , named Joe Cross, decided he was fed up with his weight and of his unhealthy lifestyle and made a change. His change? Doing a sixty day juicing fast. Now I know what you may be thinking, "Sixty days?! That is insane!". WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY! Trust me, it will inspire you as well! You can find it on Amazon.com, Hulu Plus, and Netflix.

I decided to go on the juicing cleanse/fast because I wanted to make a healthier choice as well. To be honest, I have been treating my body horribly. I try to eat as many fresh veggies and fruits as possible as you all know, but at the same time I love cheese and greasy foods, I work at the Olive Garden (you know their food is delicious!), and I love going out at night with my friends and well, filling my body with toxins. I want to have a fresh start and I am also trying to lose weight and get back in shape so I can dance again. I have been thinking about going "Vegan" as well for a while, this juicing fast will help me succeed in that area as well as completely cleaning out my body.

So what exactly is a juicing fast? Well, for every time I eat, I replace the food I used to eat with a glass of fresh juice. I only drink water and tea other than the juice. This means no cheese, no olive garden, and no filling my body with liquid toxins. My goal is to try to continue the fast for at least 30 days, one whole month. I know I am going to be tempted to have that one piece of pizza or some cheese ravioli, but the key is to remember to stick with it and tell yourself it is worth it! I have a challenge for you; after you read this post and maybe after you follow my entire journey, and see the cost and some other things, I challenge you to go on a juicing cleanse with me for at least ten days. Only ten days! This is amount of time is perfect for a quick cleanse, or as what Joe Cross calls it, a reboot. Cleansing for at least ten days allows the body to "reboot" itself by detoxing, at the end of the ten days you should feel energized, think clearer, and be ready to take on the world! If you are still skeptical, first, GO WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY! then, continue to follow my journey. Always remember if you have questions feel free to contact me at any time via email!

No comments:

Post a Comment